Department of Accountancy & Taxation
MSACCY International Admission Application Deadlines
|Fall Session||May 1st|
|Spring Session||October 1st|
|Summer Session||February 15th|
*Those applicants who are classified as international by the UH Graduate Admissions Office, which includes applicants currently holding any type of visa and those needing a student visa.
|Regular Mail||Express Mail||Physical Address|
|University of Houston
P. O. Box 3947
Houston, TX 77253-3947
|University of Houston
4302 University Dr., Rm 102
Houston, TX 77204-2012
|Professional Accounting Programs Office
CBB, Suite 304
4742 Calhoun Road
Houston, TX 77204-6021
A complete application must be received by the date indicated above and include all of the following items:
1. Application for Graduate Studies
To submit an application, click here.
Transcripts from each higher-educational institution attended must be submitted. Transcripts must be official and if applicable please include an official English translation.
Official degree diplomas for foreign credentials, and an official English translation if applicable, must be submitted.
Official hard copy United States transcripts must be submitted in a sealed envelope from the issuing higher-educational institution.
If you are only able to obtain one official copy of your transcripts, you can either take the originals back to the university of origin and have the registrar certify a copy or if your current graduate application is on file with University of Houston, present the original transcripts to the University of Houston's Graduate School where they can certify a copy of the original transcript.
All evaluations of international transcripts will be performed by the University of Houston. Third party evaluations are not needed.
For more information about the transcript requirement, including country-specific guidelines, click here.
3. Test Scores
- An official GMAT score, less than 5 years old, submitted to school code XT1-26-67.
- Some applicants may qualify for a GMAT waiver. For information on a GMAT waiver for UH main campus graduates, please click here.
- Additionally, GMAT can be waived for applicants who hold a terminal doctoral degree, including MD, JD, or PhD, from UH main campus or any other regionally-accredited domestic institution. For more information, please visit the UH Graduate Catalog.
- English Language Requirement - options for fulfilling this requirement:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) submit to school code 6870
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) sent to mailing address (listed above)
- For more information about English Language Requirement, including exemptions and minimum required scores, click here.
4. Application Fees
A $150 application fee is required of all applicants and must be submitted via the application portal.
5. Résumé or Curriculum Vitae
Applicants can upload their résumé or curriculum vitae via the application portal. This cannot be uploaded prior to submission of an application.
6. Goal Statement
A goal statement should be one to two pages in length. The statement should address specific area of interest within accounting, how the MSACCY degree fits into career aspirations, and any additional information that might be useful to the admission committee.
Applicants can upload their goal statement via the application portal. This item cannot be uploaded prior to submission of an application.
7. Letters of Recommendation
Two (2) letters of recommendation should be completed by professors, employers, or professionals having direct knowledge of the applicant.
An electronic MSACCY Letter of Recommendation form (eLOR) is available for recommenders. Applicants may send the eLOR form to their recommenders while completing the application.
Applicants may track the status of eLORs. For more information about the eLOR, see FAQ "8-9."
8. International Admission Forms
International applicants who require an I-20 must submit additional documents such as the Letter of Financial Backing form. For more information about international admission forms or to access a form, click here.
International forms may be uploaded via the application portal.
- Master of Science in Accountancy (MSACCY)
- Certificate in Accountancy Program (CAP)
- Doctoral (Ph.D.)
- Mission & Learning Goals
- Corporate Partners
- Student Life
- Internships & Careers