ACCT 4375, ACCT 4379 and ACCT 4380 are approved to fulfill the Texas State Board of Public Accountancy's (TSBPA) educational requirement of 30 hours of advanced accounting, if taken in Fall 2020 or later. IA courses completed prior to Fall 2020 cannot be used toward the accounting hours requirement. All four IA courses are approved to fulfill the 150 hours of college credit. For information about the CPA eligibility, visit the TSBPA.
IA Certificate Program signup
Register now for the Internal Audit (IA) Certificate program, and begin earning a certificate on the undergraduate level.
To earn the IA Certificate, a student must:
- complete three (3) required courses and one (1) colloquium listed specifically for the certificate. Courses cannot be substituted for the required list.
- earn a passing letter grade for each certificate course.
- have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 for the 3 certificate courses.
- have a minimum cumulative and accounting GPA of 2.5.
- earn a letter grade of "S" (satisfactory) for the required colloquium.
IA Certificate Courses
|Course||Course Title||Semester Availability|
|ACCT 4375||Internal Audit and Entity Control Environment||Fall and Spring|
|ACCT 4379||Enterprise Risk Management||Spring Only|
|ACCT 4380||Control and Security of Financial Information||Spring Only|
|ACCT 4108||IA Colloquium||Spring Only|
To enroll in the IA Colloquium, a student must:
- have completed or have concurrent enrollment in ACCT 4375
- have a minimum cumulative and accounting GPA of 2.5
- if completed IA course(s), have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 in the IA course(s)
Request Enrollment in the IA Colloquium
To request enrollment in the IA Colloquium or to learn more about the colloquium requirements, please contact the BBA Accounting Certificate Advisor, Barry Hutzell, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Request a Certificate
To request a certificate or to learn more about certificates requirements, please contact the BBA Accounting Certificate Advisor, Barry Hutzell, at email@example.com.
Certificates are processed and usually mailed 4-6 weeks after the final grades are posted to the student's record.