Wealth Management Certificate
The Wealth Management Certificate prepares students for careers in the fast-growing area of wealth management and personal financial planning. In addition to investment planning, wealth management involves tax planning, estate planning, and retirement planning services. Students with this background may be hired by firms specializing in personal financial advising, commercial banks, insurance companies, brokerage firms, trust companies, and money management companies.
(Need 12 credit hours)
- FINA 7A20 Capital Markets (REQUIRED)
- FINA 7324 Investment & Portfolio Management Project I (REQUIRED)
- FINA 7325 Investment & Portfolio Management Project II (REQUIRED)
- FINA 7A61 Personal Financial Planning (REQUIRED)
- FINA 7A62 Retirement and Estate Planning (REQUIRED)
- FINA 7A42 Banking and Credit Analysis (REQUIRED)
Elective certificates are only offered to actively-enrolled Bauer MBA and MS students. The only exception applies to MBA and MS alumni, who may also return to pursue certificates.