Graduate and Professional Programs
Executive MBA Admissions & Requirements
How to Apply for the Executive MBA
Don't have time to fill out the full online application at the moment? That's okay! Our pre-application will only take 2-3 minutes to complete and will help you learn if you're a fit for one of our graduate programs in business.
The Bauer Executive MBA Program requires a four-year undergraduate degree (or foreign equivalent) in any discipline from an accredited institution and a minimum of seven (7) years full–time business and professional experience. After your application has been reviewed and approved a personal interview will be scheduled.
1. Fill out the online application
- Click the "Apply Now" button above.
- Pay the application fee — $50 for domestic students and $80 for international students. Application fees are waived for veterans.
2. Send in all required documents
- Follow the directions on this page under the section "Requirements."
- You'll need official transcripts, letters of recommendation, Supplemental Questions, GMAT/GRE scores, a résumé and international students will need other documents, too.
3. Follow your application status
- You will receive a welcome email 24-48 hours after applying.
- If notified of missing items, submit promptly.
- Expect an update on your status 2-3 weeks after applying. Applicants selected to continue the process will be invited to interview.
June 1, 2023
April 1, 2023
Submit an application through Applyweb. The cost to apply for all MBA programs and Specialized Masters is $50 domestic and $80 international.
We value the extraordinary talents, experiences, and diversity that veterans bring to the Bauer Executive MBA program. In recognition of your service, Bauer College of Business commits to waiving the application fee. Please contact us in order to receive your unique, one-time use waiver code.
The online application will include questions on the following topics:
- Personal Information
- Program of Choice
- Academic History
- Test Information (Test of English Language Proficiency)
- Resume/Supplemental Questions
- Benefits & Financial Aid
- Emergency Contact Information
- Letter of Recommendation
- Texas Residency Questionnaire
Disclaimer: Subject to change without notice. Please contact your Admissions Representative if you have specific questions about the application.
Applicants must have earned a bachelor’s degree from an institution accredited by one of the six regional accrediting associations. Scanned copies of official transcripts may be uploaded as PDF files to your online application. If admitted, however, you will not be able to enroll without the official transcript(s) showing your undergraduate degree conferral on file.
Official transcript(s) should be sent to:
University of Houston
P.O. Box 3947
Houston, TX 77253-3947
University of Houston
4302 University Dr. Rm 102
Houston, TX 77204-2012
Electronic or “Speede” Transcript:
Within the U.S., the fastest way to send your transcript is electronically. Please inquire at your previous institution about this option. Electronic transcripts can be delivered via email to email@example.com.
The GMAT or GRE exam is not required for the Executive MBA program.
Please upload a copy of your most recent resume, highlighting your professional and academic experiences, as well as recognizable accomplishments to your online application.
Letter of Recommendation
Two letters of recommendation are required. These recommendations are gathered electronically through the online application system. You will be required to enter an email address for your recommender which will allow an online form to automatically be sent to your recommender.
An applicant is considered international if they are not a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident or if your last degree is from outside of the U.S. Additional transcript, proof of English language proficiency and visa requirements may need to be met. Please follow the links below for more information.
Guidelines for Transcript Information – Please note: All graduate students are required to provide proof of the attainment of a Bachelor’s degree before enrolling at the University of Houston. Credential Evaluations are completed in house at the Graduate School, and outside evaluations will not be accepted.
F-1 Visa Information – these documents are not required until AFTER you are offered admission.
English Language Proficiency Requirements - All graduate applicants, regardless of citizenship status, must demonstrate proficiency in English to obtain admission to the university. To fulfill this requirement, applicants must satisfy one of the following criteria:
Baccalaureate degree (or higher) earned from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or at an institution at which English is the medium of instruction in the following countries: Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, the Bahamas, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Jamaica, Liberia, Trinidad, the Virgin Islands, Antigua and Barbuda, Dominica, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Barbados, Grenada, Turks and Caicos, and English-speaking Canadian provinces.
TOEFL – The Bauer College of Business minimum TOEFL score required is 100 for the internet-based test. The minimum TOEFL score for the new revised paper-based exam is: Reading 20, Listening 20, and Writing 20. TOEFL scores must be received directly from Educational Testing Service (ETS). The University of Houston's ETS Institutional Code is 6870.
Educational Testing Service (ETS) has introduced a solution for students who have been impacted by the coronavirus to take the TOEFL iBT® test at home until test centers can reopen. Find more details about security measures and answers to other questions you may have on the TOEFL web page.
IELTS – The Bauer College of Business minimum IELTS score required is an overall score of a 6.5. IELTS scores should be sent electronically to The University of Houston.
University of Houston
4302 University Dr., Rm. 102
Houston, TX 77204-2012
*Please be advised that Bauer College of Business Graduate and Professional Programs does not currently waive the English language requirement based on completion of UH Language and Culture Center Level 6. Our college-level requirements may differ from other University of Houston graduate programs.
NOTE: International students must have a four-year degree from an accredited university to apply for an MBA or MS degree. Three-year degrees are not considered equivalent. There is no bridge program at UH. Students with a three–year degree will likely need to combine it with a completed master's degree from their home country before applying.
What To Expect After You Have Applied
Once you have submitted your application, you will begin receiving correspondence from our Admissions Team.
- You will receive a welcome email from our Admissions Team within 24-48 hours of submission.
- If you are missing items, you will be notified via email on a weekly basis.
- You may login at any time to your online application and check your application status under the View Checklist tab.
- Upon submitting all required application documentation, you should receive an update on your status within two to three weeks.
- Interviews are the next required step for applicants who have been selected to continue the admissions process. Not every applicant is invited for interview. The interviews are by invitation only. For interview preparation tips/tools, please visit www.mba.com.
- Official decisions are sent electronically through the online application system.
Stay in contact with us — did you recently receive a promotion, receive new test scores or have any other significant updates that you'd like for us to consider with your application? Let us know by contacting our admissions team.
Steps after Admission
- Login to Applyweb and accept or decline the offer of admission. All applicants have two weeks after receiving their letter to accept our offer and reserve their seat in our class.
- Complete the New Student Survey. A link to complete this survey may be found in your offer letter.
- Secure your seat in the program by submitting your deposit.
- Login to Applyweb and confirm that your official transcripts and official exam scores have been sent to the University of Houston. Official copies are required in order to begin enrolling in courses. For International students, please be sure that you have uploaded all required documents needed for your F1 visa.
- Be on the lookout for correspondence from our team regarding orientation, financial aid and registration. Orientation takes place in August for Executive MBA students.
- Join us for orientation!
- Online Programs
- Full-Time MBA
- Professional MBA
- Executive MBA
- MS Specialized Programs
- Joint Degrees
- Experiential Learning
- Bauer GMAT Prep
- Current Students
- Upcoming Events
- Contact Us