The Master of Science in Accountancy Program (MSACCY) is governed by the University of Houston (UH) Graduate Catalog Policies, C. T. Bauer College of Business Graduate Policies, and program specific policies.
The following policies includes an overview of the UH Graduate Catalog Policies and is not an all-inclusive list. The complete list can be located here: http://publications.uh.edu/index.php.
- Applicants to master's program must have a four-year undergraduate degree (or the foreign equivalent) from an accredited institution.
- GMAT requirements can be waived for applicants who hold a terminal doctoral degree, including MD, JD, or PhD, from UH main campus or any other regionally-accredited domestic institution.
- All graduate applicants, regardless of citizenship status, must demonstrate proficiency in English to obtain admission to the university. Please visit the English Language Proficiency Requirements for additional information.
- For students with a Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) in accounting from a program accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), the MSACCY degree plan generally requires a minimum of 30 semester hours for students admitted Fall 2022 or subsequent semesters.
- Incoming MSACCY students do not need an undergraduate degree in accounting.
- The Accounting Foundation Courses must be completed prior to admission into the MSACCY Program. If necessary, business foundation courses can be completed as part of a modified MSACCY degree plan where additional credits would be required. In rare cases, waivers of prerequisite courses over 5 years old or from a non-AACSB accredited institution may be allowed.
- No credit will be awarded for a prerequisite course with a grade below ‘C-‘. If a student is accepted into the MSACCY program and has a prerequisite course with a grade of ‘D+’ or lower they will be required to retake the course during their first semester in the MSACCY program and obtain a grade of ‘C-‘ or higher.
- Each new student is required to enroll in their first semester of the MSACCY program (i.e. the semester of application). If a student desires to postpone enrollment, they must notify the MSACCY Advisor in writing and secure approval to defer their start date.
- Some UH main campus graduates may qualify for a GMAT waiver.
- All newly admitted students are required to complete an Excel skills development and assessment prior to their first term. This assessment will help students refine their skillsets that are vital in the workplace.