Build Career Success Through Experience
Real estate internships give students hands on experience with major real estate firms, learning best practices and building a network of professionals to help them build a successful career.
Matching Process: Real Estate Program staff will assist in facilitating a match between employers and students based on academic and professional qualifications and industry preferences. Student résumés are sent to employers for review. Email us to learn more.
Student Internship Success
Fredrick "Taylor" Box
BA Candidate, 2020
Internship Employer: Midway
"The internship with Midway was great. I learned so much in a short time. One of the best parts of the internship was participating in meetings where I could learn the industry language, observe professionals conduct business, and witness the decision-making process on specific projects. Working with such a well-respected company was the highlight of my summer. After this experience, I know that I want to go into commercial development after I graduate."
Employer Internship Success
Global Real Estate and Commercial Manager
"It’s been my experience that the Real Estate Program prepares its students to meet today’s challenges head on. Real Estate Program graduates are not only prepared for the marketplace of the future, but also prepared to be an integral member of any business team."
Terms of Internship Employment
- Part-time/full-time: ½ time, 20 hours per week, or full-time, 40 hours per week, or otherwise as agreed by employer and employee.
- Employment: Interns are employed pursuant to the employer’s HR policies and procedures.
- Compensation will be set by your employer.
- Internship Stewardship and Accountability:
- Interns are assigned a supervisor.
- Employer develops a position with work projects that offer educational benefit to the student through developing their professional skills. This internship position should also add value to the company’s mission.
- Under employers’ guidance, interns develop three learning objectives to achieve over the duration of the internship assignment.
- Employer appraises intern performance at the conclusion of internship in order to establish accountability for student progress and to ensure that internship learning objectives were met.
- Cushman & Wakefield
- Dosch Marshall
- Exxon Mobil
- GSL Welcome Group
- Howard Hughes Corporation
- ICO Commercial
- Jones Lang LaSalle
- Lee & Associates
- Morgan Group
- NAI Houston
- NewQuest Properties
- PNC Bank
- Real Estate Research Corporation
- Shell Oil Company
- Stewart Title
- The Richland Companies
- Trammell Crow Company
- Triten Real Estate