Clinical Assistant Professor
Kiran Parthasarathy holds her Doctorate from the University of Houston. Prior to entering academia, she has industry experience in Credit Risk and has been a Manager of Financial Derivatives in a Multinational Bank.
- Pedagogy research in Accounting
- Financial Markets
- Debt Markets
- Accounting Conservatism
- Corporate Governance
- Financial Risk Management
Areas of Expertise
- Faculty Director of Principles Accounting Courses, C.T.Bauer College of Business, University of Houston.
- Finalist for University Teaching Award, 2017-2018 under Clinical/Instructor Category.
- Provost's Teaching Innovation Program (TIP) Grant Award, University of Houston, Fall 2017 and Fall 2016.
- Outstanding Teacher Award, 2014, Department of Accountancy and Taxation, C.T. Bauer College of Business, University of Houston.
- Parthasarathy Kiran, "The Joint Effects of Monitoring and Incentive Alignment on Accounting Conservatism", Accounting and Finance Research (AFR). Vol. 3 (2014).pp 58-70.
- Parthasarathy Kiran,"The Impact of Levels Versus Change in Earnings in the Estimation of Conditional Conservatism and the Earnings-Returns Anomaly", 2013, Advances in Quantitative Analysis of Finance and Accounting (AQAFA),Volume 11, pp. 29-53
- Parthasarathy, Kiran and Ma, Le (2015), An analysis of student performance in financial accounting classes using personal response technology (clickers) comparing announced and pop quizzes, paper presented in Faculty- Student Collaborations in Accounting (FASTCA) Section of the Annual American Accounting Association Conference, Chicago, August 2015.
- Parthasarathy, Kiran (2014), "Improving student performances in large classes", Conference on Teaching and Learning Accounting, presented paper as Faculty at the CTLA in American Accounting Association Conference, Atlanta, August 2014
Academic Associations & Editorial BoardsMember of American Accounting Association (AAA). Reviewer, American Accounting Association.
- MH 390A
- No Web Site Currently
- Financial Accounting, Managerial Accounting, IFRS, and Auditing
University of Houston
University of Houston
Indian Institute of Foreign Trade, New Delhi, India.