Shu-Hsiu (Steven) Chen
PhD Student/Research Assistant
Shu-Hsiu (Steven) Chen is a PhD candidate in finance at Bauer College of Business, University of Houston. His single-author research in the carry trade is forthcoming in the Journal of International Money and Finance. His current research interest is in empirical asset pricing, especially related to international finance and the currency market. He received an MBA in finance from National Taiwan University and a BBA in Management Information Systems from National Chengchi University. Before entering the PhD program, he served as a foreign exchange trader and a macroeconomic analyst in Cathay Life Insurance Company in Taiwan, a quantitative analyst and a securitization arranger in China Development Industrial Bank in Taiwan, and a fixed-income securities trading system developer in KGI Securities in Taiwan.
- International Finance
- Credit Derivatives
- Foreign Exchange Market
- Real Estate Investments
- Insurance Company's International Asset Allocation
- State-Price Densities
- "Carry Trade Strategies Based on Option-Implied Information: Evidence from a Cross-Section of Funding Currencies," Journal of International Money and Finance. Forthcoming, 2017.
- "Investment Returns and Currency Hedge for the Foreign Investments: Evidence from the Japanese Life Insurance Companies," Southwestern Finance Association (SWFA) 2017 Annual Conference, Little Rock, AR, USA.
- "Interdependence of Property Prices and Building Vacancy Rates in Residential and Commercial Real Estate Markets: Hong Kong and Singapore," 2014 American Real Estate Society 30th Annual Meeting, San Diego, CA, USA. (with M. Kuan)
- "The Effect of Speculation on Vacancy Rates in the Real Estate Markets - the Evidence from Taipei, Hong Kong and Singapore," 2013 Asian Real Estate Society International Conference, Kyoto, Japan; and 2012 Asian Real Estate Society and American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association Joint International Conference, Singapore. (with L. Hsueh and E. Lee)
National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan,
MBA in Finance
National Chengchi University, Taipei, Taiwan, Bachelor in MIS, minor in International Business