Stephen Stagner Sales Excellence Institute
What is the Program for Excellence in Selling?
The Program for Excellence in Selling, also known as PES, is the leading sales program in the nation; it prepares students for a career in selling, facilitates internships and provides career placement.
Do I have to be a business major to be accepted?
No. PES is open to all majors campus-wide.
Do I have to be interested in a career in sales to be accepted?
Of course not! We believe anything and everything you do in life involves sales, whether you’re selling your products, services or ideas. Sales is a beneficial trade for all to learn regardless of career choice.
What prerequisites are required?
- MARK 3336 - To obtain a Sales Minor (regardless of major)
- MARK 3337 - Professional Selling
How many classes are required while in the program?
1st semester of PES:
- MARK 4373 - Advanced Professional Selling (3 credit hours)
- MARK 4376 - Customer Relationship Management (3 credit hours)
- MARK 4379 - Personal Branding (3 credit hours)
2nd semester of PES:
- MARK 4374 - Sales Management (3 credit hours)
- MARK 4397 - Digital Sales (3 credit hours)
- Optional MARK 4375 - Key Account Selling (3 credit hours)
Other Optional Courses:
- Sales for Social Impact (3 credit hours)
- Selling Financial Services (3 credit hours)
Will this program defer my graduation date?
Not necessarily. PES is not designed to intentionally defer any student’s graduation date. You can choose to use the classes as your Advanced Business Electives or Marketing electives, or you can use them to obtain your Minor in Sales or Marketing.
Can I choose when to take the required classes?
No. All classes must be taken in the semester assigned.
For more information regarding how PES fits into your degree plan, please contact Arleene Valmores at email@example.com
- About Us
- Academic Programs
- Executive Education
- Corporate Partners
- News and Events
- Contact Us