Room Reservation Procedures
Request a Reservation
- To request a reservation please use the above form
- Requests will be reviewed and assigned based on availability and compliance to University and College policies and regulations.
- A reply e-mail will be sent to you upon review to inform you if your request has been approved. If approved, you will be provided all necessary details with regards to using the space.
- Read the Event Planning Checklist to help with organizing your next event.
Note: Please read the Bauer Facilities Reservation and Use Policies. The start time and end time of your request should reflect the overall time you will need the space. Please be sure to account for set up and breakdown time. The doors will be programmed to be open based on the requested start and end times.
Featured available rooms (click for photos)
The Rockwell Career Center books these rooms on the first floor of Cemo Hall: 106 and Interview Overflow rooms. Cemo Hall Reservation System: http://reservation.bauer.uh.edu
Student Training Center
Please read the Policies and Procedures for booking the Student Training Center for an event.
Bauer Events Calendar
Faculty and staff may use the following link to submit event details to you have your event added to the main Bauer Calendar: https://www.bauer.uh.edu/bauercalendar/
Request Setup for an Event
- Faculty and staff, please log in to the helpdesk to place your request.
- Use the same User Name and Password that you use to log into the Bauer network
- For event set up, select “Events Setup” for the Request Type
- In the Subject line put: “Event Set Up-for event on _____” and put the date of the event
- In the Request Detail you will need to include:
- how many tables and chairs you will need
- the location they are to be set up in
- a diagram of what configuration they should be set up in
- Provide any other necessary details, including the location of set up and the event name
- If you make last minute additions or changes to your work order, we will accommodate you as we are able
If your event requires an excess of equipment that we cannot accommodate, we will add a note to your ticket to let you know that you should put in a work order request for equipment rental via FAMIS **Note, this is a billable request for which you must provide a cost center.
Cleanup after weekday events is managed by Metro Clean. If you are having an event in the Student Training Center (in the Insperity Building) or other location within our three buildings, you should e-mail Metro Clean Supervisor Omar Hernandez at email@example.com a minimum of three days prior to the date of your event to let him know about your event. Please provide the location, date, start time and end time of your event so that they can schedule clean up after your event. Metro Clean will empty the trash, wipe down counter surfaces, and vacuum the carpets as needed.
Weekday cleaning of conference rooms in all of our buildings is also managed by Metro Clean. This is done according to a weekly schedule, and may not be done daily. If you have a lunch in a conference room and need the trash to be emptied and/or the surfaces to be wiped down, please e-mail Omar Hernandez at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the location, date, start time and end time of your meeting so that he can schedule the cleanup/trash removal accordingly.
Cleanup after weekend events is managed by facilities, and there may be an associated fee for the service, as it falls outside regular business hours. For weekend events, please submit a FIXIT request via AccessUH under the category of “Event Support” and then select “Event Support-Pay with Cost Center”. Once you enter your departmental cost center where provided, you will fill out the e-form requesting the services you will need. The form is pre-filled, so delete whatever you need to and fill in the appropriate details for your event. The form will be processed by facilities, who will reach out to you via e-mail prior to your event to provide a quote for the charges that will be incurred. If you have any further questions about this process, please contact Facilities/FIXIT at 713-743-4948.
* Please Note: At the close of your event or meeting, please do not leave anything behind in the space. Please remove all linens, decorations, materials, catering items, etc. Items left behind will be turned into the Lost & Found or thrown away accordingly.
Other Spaces Available at the University of Houston
If our spaces do not meet your event requirements, you may also refer to the Conference & Reservation Office website for other options on campus.
Parking reservations for the Dean’s four visitor spaces in front of Melcher Hall should be sent to Britney Hudson at email@example.com.
Visitors may park in the East Garage or the Welcome Center Garage. As both of these structures are parking garages, a visitor can simply park in the lots and pay the per hour fees associated with the garage. **Validation cards are available for purchase through Parking and Transportation, contact information below.
- PTS (Parking and Transportation Services): 713-743-1097 (main number)
- Welcome Center Parking Desk: 713-743-5839 (room 112B in the Welcome Center)
For any further questions, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Staff Development Circle
- Hiring Checklist
- General Administrative Issues
- Business Continuity Plan
- Room Reservation Procedures
- Printing Center Procedures
- Links & Resources