File a Degree Plan in Business
Students may use the form at the bottom of this page to declare or change a major in Business. This form is not to be used if you are trying to declare Pre-business. Please go to this site in order to declare Pre-business.
We are happy that you are progressing towards a degree in Business! Keep in mind that current Pre-business students must meet minimum requirements. Please see the checklist before filling out the application form to make sure you qualify. If all looks good, please fill out the form. You will be notified by email.
Checklist to Qualify
- You must be a PREBUSINESS major
- You must have a minimum 2.5 UH GPA
- Complete ENGL 1301 (formerly ENGL 1303; a prerequisite for BUSI 3302) in Section 1
- Complete the Business Administration and Management Field of Study requirements with a "C" or higher in Section 2
- Complete or be enrolled in BUSI 3302 (prerequisite: ENGL 1301) in Section 3
- Clear the Business Writing Evaluation (BWE) - students who meet all filing requirements except the BWE are allowed to file and have a one-semester exception to re-take the BWE (re-takes are given in the fall and spring semesters; instructions are sent to students needing a re-take during the first week of the fall and spring semesters
Explanation of Catalog Year Degree Plans
The catalog year for your degree plan is the catalog year when you started at UH, or based on the transfer coursework you have taken and when you started at a Texas public two- or four-year institution with continuous enrollment. The decision tree below will be used to make a determination of the best fit for you. For questions about which catalog year for your degree plan you should follow (2018, 2019, or 2020 and following years), you may consult with your Academic Advisor.
Decision tree to determine the appropriate catalog year for your degree plan:
- If you have not taken calculus - MATH 1325 or MATH 2413 (formerly MATH 1314 or MATH 1431), then follow the Fall 2020 plan
- If you have taken calculus - MATH 1325 or MATH 2413 (formerly MATH 1314 or MATH 1431), then:
- follow the Fall 2018 plan if you also have credit for both COMM 1FOS (SPCH 1321 or SPCH 1315) and PSYC 1300/SOC 1300
- Otherwise, follow the Fall 2019 plan (which has an extra 3 hours of General Electives for students who have taken one but not both of these courses)
- FINA & SCM majors must have credit for STAT 3331 (with a grade of C or higher for SCM majors) under all plans as a prerequisite for 4000-level FINA and SCM courses.
- BUSI 2305 is a prerequisite for STAT 3331.
- For all other majors under all plans, BUSI 2305 or STAT 3331 meets the business statistics requirement to file a degree plan.
- Students may not mix and match requirements from different catalog years.
- Some course numbers have changed effective Fall 2020:
- INTB 3354 = BUSI 1301 Business Principles
- ACCT 2331 = ACCT2301 Principles of Financial Accounting
- ACCT 2332 = ACCT2302 Principles of Managerial Accounting
- MIS 3300 = BCIS 1305 Business Computer Applications
- GENB 3302 = BUSI 3302 Connecting Bauer to Business
- GENB 4350 = BUSI 4350 Business Law and Ethics
Degree Plan Filing Requirements
UH course numbers in the process of changing to the Texas Common Course Numbers (TCCN)
Completion of ENGL 1301 (formerly ENGL 1303; a prerequisite for BUSI 3302)
Completion of Business Administration & Management Field of Study (BAMFS) Courses with a grade of 'C' or higher (unless transferring BAMFS complete)
- BUSI 1301 (formerly INTB 3354)
- BCIS 1305 (formerly MIS 3300)
- MATH 1324 (formerly MATH 1313)
- ACCT 2301 (formerly ACCT 2331)
- ACCT 2302 (formerly ACCT 2332)
- ECON 2301 (formerly ECON 2305)
- ECON 2302 (formerly ECON 2304)
- BUSI 2305 (with C or higher) or STAT 3331 (with a passing grade except for the SCM major, which requires a C or higher)
Completion or Enrollment in BUSI 3302
- BUSI 3302 (formerly GENB 3302)
If you have completed the qualifications, you are ready to submit! If you reach an error when submitting your application or have any questions, please contact your advisor.
- Business Majors
- Business Minors
- Bauer College at UH at Sugar Land
- Online BBA Inquiry
- Choosing a Major
- Accelerated Programs
- Emerging Leaders Academic Success Program
- Bauer Honors
- Bauer Ambassadors
- Community Outreach
- Strength Series
- Events Calendar
- Bauer in D.C. Fellowship
- Future Careers
Undergraduate Business Programs
ELASP for Transfers Fall 2021 Application
Application is Closed.
Questions about ELASP:
Emerging Leaders Academic Success Program
C. T. Bauer College of Business
University of Houston
334 Melcher Hall Room 262
Houston, TX 77204-6021
334 Melcher Hall, Room 262
Houston, TX 77204-6021